For a second year, True Impact LLC launched the Volunteerism ROI Tracker, an initiative for measuring and benchmarking the social and business impacts of volunteering. The study captured more than 350,000 volunteer hours from 28,000 volunteers across 28 organizations.
Our study includes impact data on how employee volunteerism influences:
- Social value for nonprofits
- Employee skill development
- Business benefits- including sales, recruiting, and stakeholder relationships
- Percent of reported recruitment opportunities: 10%
- Volunteers gaining job-related skills gained while volunteering: 23%
- Respondents reporting that volunteerism is a core or positive component of job satisfaction: 94%